Thursday, March 27, 2008

30 years later...

Yes, that's Peter and me, circa 1978. It was Woodinville's first ever All Fools Parade, and we won first place in the clown category. Check out the dirt road on Woodinville's main street! Geez I'm OLD.

From the Woodinville Weekly: "Remember when? Photo courtesy of Denise **** Today, Cherise **** is 36 and an attorney in Seattle. Her brother, Peter, is 34 and a comparative literature professor in Philadelphia. Thirty years ago the Woodinville youngsters took part in the first All Fools Day Parade dressed as clowns, pushing a baby buggy that carried banty chickens. Over the course of the parade the chickens laid two eggs. Cherise and Peter won first place as the Best Clown entry. They won kites and two Woodinville Weekly T-shirts. Their mother, Denise, describes the parade as “a wonderful tradition started by a wonderful woman (Carol Edwards). I miss those days very much.” She plans to attend the parade this Saturday with her daughter and grandchildren."

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love it!!! Two questions: 1) Banty chickens?? 2) So where's the t-shirt? I KNOW you must still have it!

xoxxo