Monday, January 11, 2010
The wall comes down ... and goes back up
Sometime in October, I thought it was time to give Sylvia more freedom by turning her crib into a toddler bed by taking off one crib side (actually, I got tired of having to get up every morning to my alarm clock: Sylvia yelling "Mommy, I'm AWAKE!"). She loved her new arrangement and immediately brought a stack of books into bed to read by herself. (Yes she has lipstick on in the phone below.)
The first night was fantastic. It was as if nothing had changed! She just rolled over and went to sleep. Given what an incredibly hard time Andy gave us for several years, this felt like a very big miracle in our own home. Then night 2 came along. Sylvia got out of bed about three times and I'd had it. It was as if Andy used up all my bedtime patience so that, whereas he got 10,000 out-of-bed chances, she got three. I immediately put the crib side back up. Sylvia cried, but we've been doing fine ever since. One of these days we'll get her a bed and she'll move on from her crib for good ... but maybe I'll let Shawn do bed time the first few nights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment