On Thursday night, Melissa, Jen, Sylvia and I braved the wind/cold/traffic to see Hillary at Pier 30 in Seattle. When we were looking for parking many blocks from the event with a cold walk ahead of us, I doubted my decision to bring Sylvia along, but now I'm so glad she was there for her first political rally, with women I so admire, supporting the first legitimate female candidate we've had for the presidency. This is the legacy I'd like my daughter to inherit. An America that, like so many other countries who have elected women to lead them, respects women for all of their differences and similarities to men, and recognizes their inherent capabilities. This is our chance, perhaps the best chance in my life time, to elect our first woman president, after which confident, capable women will not, I hope, be antagonized for defining themselves by something other than femininity, but instead will be considered just another able candidate with a higher potential for multi-tasking, empathy and communication. GO HILLARY! 

It was quite a wait, and we were in the second room so we had just a peek-a-boo view of Hillary when she finally arrived. The wait was long enough that we even had a bit of a tussle over who got the last mint. Jen got the short end of the stick on that one.

P.S. Would someone tell Rep. Jay Inslee that the following is insulting, not inspiring: "People keep asking if America is ready to elect a woman president; if America can elect the idiot we have now, we can do anything!" I mean, please, think about what you say before you say it!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment