ANDY: Daddy is a designer.
ME: That's right! What does he design?
ANDY: He designs houses. [ed.: well, HVAC systems, but okay]
ME: Do you know what Mommy does?
ANDY: Are you a designer too?
ME: No, I'm not.
ANDY: Are you a fireman?
Cut to the ride home, when I take up the idea of my job again, now that he's been there and seen my office.
ME: So mommy's a lawyer.
ANDY: Agabee, labbegwaubee!!! [nonsense talk]
ME: Do you know what a lawyer does?
ANDY: No, I don't.
ME: I help people follow rules. People ask me how to follow rules and I tell them.
Andy: And they listen to you?
No kidding.
I was hoping he'd go trick or treating, but he said he "already has candy" so we didn't push it. We usually don't get any trick or treaters, but that's partly because we've given up over the years and finally stopped turning on the porch light. Well, this year I decided to renew our commitment to Halloween. Shawn bought tons of candy (risky when you don't know if you'll get any trick or treaters!) and I put out several pumkin candles in the driveway and along the walkway leading to the well-lit front porch. We consider the night a success, with 5 groups of kids for a total of about 15 trick or treaters. And it's early enough that we might still get some teenagers!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment