Saturday, September 30, 2006
Baby Beluga
We've officially had our first brush with the read-it-again! play-it-again! phenomenon that I know will last for Andy's whole early childhood. I bought him a "Baby Beluga" book based on Raffi's song of the same name, and he liked it well enough. Then I bought Raffi's CD and was reminded of the melody, so I started singing the words to him as we read the book. Soon he was insisting on "bay-bee" for every bed time, nap time, and many many other times throughout the day. We put the cd on repeat and listen to the song over and over. He insists on bringing the book to bed with him at night, and his first words when he wakes up are "bay-bee" (it used to be "MAMADADA!"). Today while we were just playing in Andy's room, he brought the cd player over and said "bay-bee" so I would help him play it -- but when Marlo Thomas came on instead, he was frantic! "BAY BEE!!!" So we ran out to the car in our bare feet to grab the cd and run back upstairs to play it. Total relief on his face when the wave sounds came on and Raffi starts singing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment